Thursday, August 20, 2015

Catflap of Destiny

Sometimes, it’s easy t forget that six years ago the “Naomi” episode of Skins happened. And it was so damn beautiful. Naked and brave and aching and just so damn beautiful. No matter how old you were when you first feel in love, this is basically what it felt like. Scary, exciting, SCARY, EXCITING. I’d be hard pressed to think of another hour of television that better capture that universal feeling of finding that one person who makes us feel like a better person, happier, less alone, less lonely. If you haven’t experienced the beauty that is Naomily – or haven’t returned to it in the past six years – allow me to remind you. And may we all find that person to hold hands with through the catflap.

p.s. I refuse to acknowledge and will never watch the bollocky wank shite that was “Skins Fire.” So there.

6 comments:

Carmen SanDiego said...

Six years already? Damn
I remember coming in late for the Naomily party and catching up with the episodes on YouTube
Good times...

MizGarfield said...

Good memories. And absolutely nooooo Skins Fire ever!

Unknown said...

Just this past week we started watching this season of Skins again. As always Ms Snarker, your words encapsulate the emotion and importance perfectly. Here's to Emily and Naomi living happily ever after with their cats.

Anonymous said...

Their storyline ranks as one of my top two TV romances of all times. It was so realistic, and the actors gave truly heartfelt performances. Several scenes made me cry, for example Naomi telling Emily why she cheated on her, or laugh, for example Emily telling her male friend what she loves about girls, or both cry and laugh.

I made the mistake of watching Fire. Awful. But, it won't take away from my enjoying of storyline before that.

Patsy said...

I am ashamed to admit I have the Skins boxset but I haven't touched it in well over three years... aaaand I am going to do something about that horrific realization right now, thank you Snarker! But what is that strange sounding 'Skins Fire' thing that you seem to know more about? It doesn't ring a bell at all *REPRESS REPRESS IT DIDNT HAPPEN REPRESS SOME MORE*

Also, can I just say, 'cause it's easy to forget sometimes to show some appreciation, I love love love your blog. It's one of the highlights of my day (every day for years now). You're such a gifted writer. So thank you!!

(also, as a writer...could you please be kind if/when any spelling mistakes appear - English is not my first language / just a tiny European person here / stopping by / commenting / even if mistakes are a horrible reality /etc. Thank you!)

Anonymous said...

Bollocky wank shite is better than Skins Fire deserves.