Saturday, January 05, 2008

My Weekend Crush

What I love most about Diane Lane is that her face, while simply gorgeous, also feels lived in. It is the face of a woman and not a girl. Not that I have anything against girls, but when you look at a woman’s face you see history. You see her past -- her triumphs and her losses, her loves and her heartbreaks, her hopes and her regrets. You see an earned beauty. One needs only look at pictures of Diane when she was a girl to see the difference. The beauty, while always there, now is so much richer. There is a wisdom and complexity -- not to mention a smoldering sexuality -- there now that simply wasn’t there when she was a teenager. You know that saying “Never send a boy to do a man’s job“? Well, flip the gender and that’s Diane Lane’s appeal in a nutshell. Happy weekend, all.

p.s. As a special Weekend Crush Bonus, please enjoy this shot of Diane nuzzling Angela Bassett. I know I do.

9 comments:

Pisenlov said...

She's my eternal crush

Anonymous said...

LOL. I've been enjoying a Diane Lane fest lately. Hollywoodland, Unfaithful (which still requires a cold shower warning on the 5th viewing), Lonesome Dove, Rumblefish, etc. Mmmm. Swoony

Anonymous said...

oh so true. Girls are cute, women are beautiful. Diane Lane *shiver*

Anonymous said...

Ms. S. For F---sake... I swear I'm sending you a doctor's bill *THUD*.. I luv Diane - she's so damn beautiful inside and out! *THUD*

I already had this concussion thing down but it's certainly gotten worse on account of you! Somehow though, I feel as if I should be thanking you (can anyone say psychiatrist?)

Anonymous said...

i will always remember the first time i saw her in a movie. she continues to excite me still. i love your write up about her.

Anonymous said...

Talk of Lane's past reminds me of one of my guilty pleasures of 80's movies..."Streets of Fire."

Can't wait to see her latest flick.

Most excellent choice.

Anonymous said...

Diane Lane's new movie "UNTRACEABLE" is fantastic. Saw it in London last week. Really intense and suspanseful! I love her!!

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

Gotta love Diane Lane! And you're correct, her face is all the more beautiful because it reflects all of the living that she's done.

Anonymous said...

I am a huge fan of Diane Lane. Even if some of her earlier films aren't so great, she made them better with her beauty, presence and talent. I credit her, more than any other actress, for cluing me in about my bisexuality. Google her late mother, Colleen Farrington (1936-2015), who was Playboy's Miss October of 1957. The resemblance is uncanny!