Thursday, January 24, 2008

Chef Lesboyardee

So, the new cast for Top Chef has been revealed. Now ya’ll know I love me some cooking shows. They’re the biscuits to my gravy, if ya know what I mean. And Top Chef is my favorite, hands down. The new season starts March 19 and this time the culinary contest goes to Chicago. But Windy City, Windy Schmity. Let’s play “Find the Lesbian!” It’s like “Where’s Waldo?” but -- you know -- gay. [Click above to enlarge for closer inspection.] [NOTE: Click below for confirmed “Find the Lesbian!” ANSWERS!]

OK, right off the bat two are easy. Like, easy-peasy. Sure, they might not actually be gay. But, dude, come on. A faux hawk? A bandana? Puh-lease.As for the rest, hmm. I see some motorcycle boots, so, minor ping there. And I see a vest, well, anything is possible. But even if no one turns out to be a gay lady, we’ll always have Padma. Mmmm, Padma. Mmmm.UPDATE I: Oy. It’s been a typo kind of week here at Surrenders. “Find the Lesbians!” (not “Fine the Lesbians!”). Though, fining them would also be interesting. I could impose a set fee for each lesbian cliché perpetrated. Already, those two are in the red with the hair and head gear. I could make a mint off this. Typos rule. Ahem.

UPDATE II: Believe it or not, Padma is holding an onion. I thought it was an apple at first, too. Though, regardless, if she was holding it for me I’d still happily take a bite.
UPDATE III:
Dude, my gaydar is spot on! In fact, I was being too conservative. This season of Top Chef has not one, not two, but three (yes, THREE) gay ladies! Ms. Faux Hawk (Jennifer), Ms. Bandana (Lisa) and the heretofore unmentioned Ms. Big Earrings (Zoi). Now, I was kind of feeling Zoi, but didn't mention her because my only visible cue (other than just that gut, “Hey,” feeling) was that she was clinging for dear life to the one, most obvious lesbian chef, Jennifer. I love how Bravo has put them in their own gay power triangle in the cast photo. Lesbian Chefs -- activate! Form of -- pasta primavera!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started looking and I just had to say all. But that's wishful thinking...

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

WooHoo! I can't wait until the new season starts. There's hardly anything worth watching on tv right now anyway. I've been reduced to watching the science channel and -gasp- reading books! You'd think that would make me smarter...but sadly...

Syd said...

Yay! I can't wait.

BTW, your blog kicks MAJOR ass.

LeLo said...

If only Top Chef would become to lesbians what Project Runway is to gay men. Project Runway is so gay it glitters.

Padma is hawt. "Pack your knives, and go."

Anonymous said...

If Padma got more screen time I would be more excited about Top Chef. :)

Real Live Lesbian said...

Oooh...I want her apple!

Anonymous said...

'Fine the lesbian'? That seems like, really harsh, they just wanna cook..!

Amanda said...

Hm. I thought it was a pomegranate. Oh well. And... keep the typos. Makes things interesting. Audience interpretation. It can be fun.

Amanda

WordNerd said...

Those two are cute. I need a new Top Chef girlfriend. It's been months -- it's time I stopped pining for Lia.

Anonymous said...

Definitely big lesbo buzz from the fauxhawk sportin' babe. I'm not so sure about "Red Bandana." No gaydar sounding off at all.

Sue J said...

Chef Lesboyardee

Dorothy, you make my day!

Anonymous said...

So "Red Bandana" huh. So much for my gaydar

Unknown said...

I love the caption..Chef Lesboyardee. I love the show..and I picked all 3! I am not lesbian..that I know of. :)