Thursday, September 21, 2006

The words get in the way

Diane Sawyer finally got to the gay stuff in the continuation of her Good Morning America interview with Clay Aiken today. When asked, “(Are) you are ready to come out and say you are gay?” Clay’s response was a girly laugh and then to blurt out, “That would not make any sense for me to do that...” Now any normal person would expect him to follow that up with … “because I’m not gay.” But instead he followed it up with a “…I’ve gotten to a point now where I feel it’s kind of invasive.” This is a classic case of what isn’t being said speaking volumes.

I have to tell you, I don’t give a crap about Clay Aiken. I’m not a fan of his music and I’m certainly not a fan of his new, ridiculous face scruff. What I do give a crap about is celebrities who dance around the gay question. Just have the balls to say either, “I’m gay!” or “I’m not gay!” Either shut the public out of your personal life entirely (which means no talking about your Baptist faith, no talking about your mom, no talking about your gawky childhood) or let us in all the way. Don’t give us this “What I do in my private life is nobody’s business anymore, period…at some point it becomes really rude” shit.

No comments: