Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Finding Squee

My reaction yesterday morning upon learning Pixar was finally going to make a “Finding Nemo” sequel and it would be called “Finding Dory” and based on Ellen DeGeneres’ forgetful fish. One, scream. Two, check the date to make sure it’s not still April Fool’s Day. Three, scream when I find out it’s not. Four, calm down before screaming again. Five, grab a sleeping bag and get in line.

Fine, so maybe I’m not literally camping out in front of my local cineplex just yet. But figuratively I’m already there. It would not be a stretch to call “Finding Nemo” one of my Top 5 favorite movies of all time. I’ve waxed on (and never off) about my love for this movie and how I carry it with me everywhere in my pocket on my iPhone. These are all just facts. Another fact is this looks to be only the second female-fronted Pixar feature to be officially announced. The first was last summer’s “Brave.” One last fact, it’s the first Pixar feature to be fronted by an out female lesbian lady. Dammit, now I’m screaming and jumping up and down again.

While I collect myself, please enjoy Ellen announcing the big news herself.



Here is the official Pixar release on “Finding Dory.” It comes out Nov. 25, 2015.

Director and Pixar veteran Andrew Stanton takes audiences back to the extraordinary underwater world created in the original film. "There is no Dory without Ellen," said Stanton. "She won the hearts of moviegoers all over the world—not to mention our team here at Pixar. One thing we couldn't stop thinking about was why she was all alone in the ocean on the day she met Marlin. In 'Finding Dory,' she will be reunited with her loved ones, learning a few things about the meaning of family along the way."

According to Stanton, "Finding Dory" takes place about a year after the first film, and features returning favorites Marlin, Nemo and the Tank Gang, among others. Set in part along the California coastline, the story also welcomes a host of new characters, including a few who will prove to be a very important part of Dory's life.

In May it will have been 10 years – a whole damn decade – since “Finding Nemo” was first released. And I am beyond thrilled that another generation of young and young at heart will get a chance to meet Dory and the gang and remember no matter life’s obstacles, the most important thing is to just keep swimming.



I shall repeat Nov. 25, 2015 in the cadence of P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way as my personal mantra from now until Nov. 25, 2015.

13 comments:

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

That's great news.
I only just did a post about
"Finding Nemo" and a real place called Point Nemo -

http://brizdazz.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/jessica-watsonfinding-point-nemo.html

,and I've been meaning to buy a copy of "Finding Nemo",and now I see here that the sequel is on the cards.

Anonymous said...

As soon as I heard about this I immediately thought of you and knew it would make your day!
Enjoy it, Snarker - always nice when good people get good things!!

Kristan said...

Oh my. I actually saw the news on Twitter yesterday and thought it was cool, but watching Ellen announce it in that video just made me tear up! She's so great. :)

Shasta said...

I am so happy this is happening! "just Keep Swimming" gets me through the day and a movie about Dory finding her family is just wonderful :) So happy!!! Must speak whale....

Panty Buns said...

Wow! Your squee is getting heard around the internet! This blog post of yours showed up on my "What to watch" stream on YouTube along with TheEllenShow video "Ellen Announces 'Finding Dory' - YouTube"! Only 1,295,362 minutes to go!

http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

MJNuts said...

I'm so happy Dory will get a movie too! She was the true start of Finding Nemo!

I'll be watching this in a movie thatre for sure. :)

Anonymous said...

I can stand Ellen's voice thank God I will not have to see her.

Anonymous said...

So only *counts in head* 965 more sleeps.

Erin O'Riordan said...

Please, please let Portia have at least a cameo in it!

Lorraine Greenberg and Associates said...

Well it's worth waiting for a decade to watch a movie that can make you laugh, cry, and learn.

Olympia Search Engine Optimization said...

I love this movie. I'm glad that there's a next one.

Houston Local SEO said...

That's good to hear. I can't wait for the new movie.

Affordable SEO Services in Austin said...

It's great that they are making a sequel.