Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Welcome back, Gayzzoli

Happy We’re Not Gay, We Just Act That Way Day! Otherwise known as “Rizzoli & Isles” premiere day. Everyone’s favorite totally gay, not-gay show about LLBFFs Rizzoli & Isles returns tonight. And having seen the first two new episodes I can assure you there will be gayzzoli. In fact (look away spoilerphobes and skip to the end of the post), I can assure you that the first time we seen Jane and Maura on screen together you will scream, “COME ON.” Really. Really? Here’s a taste.

Yes. Together. In jammies. The morning after. Oh, show. How am I expected to respect the supposed maintext when the first thing you show me is this? Actually, I kind of love it. Sure, sure – subtext is not for everyone. And you have every right to be frustrated or despise it as an endless tease with no ultimate satisfaction. But me, I’m not in it for the payoff. I’m in it for the ridiculous chemistry and blatant subtext that makes me giggle like an idiot even though this is a show about gruesome and horrible murders. So, having seen the first two episodes of the mini five-episode winter season, I can say the gayzzoli rides again. And I’m giggling again. And our gals are totally gay in a non-gay way. Tweet you Big Gay Feelings during the show tonight using the #gayzzoli tag. And then Subtext Recaps will be back at AfterEllen.com each week on Thursday. When the gals look at each other like this, it is almost too easy.

I can only assume in this last photo they are in some sort of couples counseling because of a lingering disagreement over the proper way to squeeze the tube of toothepaste. Happy subtexting.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is fun and it makes me laugh!!!

Anonymous said...

YAYAYAY!!! My day is made!!!

Norma Desmond said...

I love the people who are involved with the show who still try to deny the gay when, A) writers of the show have fessed up to deliberately writing the ladies into super gay situations (in private, but still), and B) the show features two grown women who have sleepovers all the time. Ain't nobody got time for that, unless you're not exactly, you know, strictly platonic. Just sayin'...

Anonymous said...

"Writers of the show have fessed up to deliberately writing the ladies into super gay situations (in private, but still)"

Norma darling, do you think you could furnish us with any sort of a link to substantiate that fabulous little titbit of gossip?

Course, we all KNOW it's true, how could it possibly be otherwise? :D

It's all laughably preposterous isn't it darlings?!

PD

Anonymous said...

PS When I said it was all "laughing preposterous" I was of course referring to Norma's observation about "the people who are involved with the show" still trying "to deny the gay" (and their (often cynical) contrivance of same).

PPS Harmon, Alexander and their on-screen chemistry will always be hot no matter what happens. ;)

maya said...

Today? TODAY?! YAAAAAY!I've said it before and I'll say it again: What would I do without you, Snarker.

Chercheur said...

Anyone want to explain the costume department's decision to put Jane in pink PJ's??? Seriously, didn't Jane say she hates pink?

Whatever, I still love the Gayzzoli.

Anonymous said...

They were her mothers

Anonymous said...

@Chercheur: in case you're still wondering about the pink pjs, Maura mentions at one point that they're Angela's.

Anonymous said...

This show makes me smile, even if it is a little rough at times, it's just so bloody gay!

That photo of Maura in the grey suit and Jane in the tank top make my knees go weak