Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Back beat

At last, our long national nightmare is over. “Glee” is back. Kidding, kidding. I’m not that crazy. But, I won’t lie – I did miss me some “Glee” this summer. For all of its silliness, continuity issues, gay-girl storyline blue balling and the rest, this damn show still makes me smile like an idiot each week. And, with a full writing staff for the first time and a repeated promise to go “back to basics,” perhaps this season could finally reign in the series’ promise and deliver something that is consistently gleeful. Baring that, can Brittany and Santana please, please, please have a sweet lady kiss. Do not make all us Brittana shippers go go all Kanye meme and scream “Ryan Murphy doesn’t care about lesbians!” at our TVs.

But when those kids sing and dance, I can’t help it – my heart does a little flip. Or perhaps that heart palpitation is being caused by the return of the Cheerio streamer skirts. Brittany and Santana dancing together on tabletops? Hello, fan-fiction sprung to life.


Despite the new school year, “Glee” has already returned to some of its old ways. Like its insane habit of releasing 1,000 preview/clips before the actual episode. Though, when it’s as pretty in pink as Quinn returning to the hallways of McKinley High, you will hear not even the smallest peep of complaint from me. (WARNING: Spoilers for the first episode and also likely to cause an immediate Dianna Agron Sex Riot.)


Right. So. Yeah. Hello, “Glee” Season 3 – my body is ready.

9 comments:

Solo said...

Naya Rivera's voice !!!!!

Bent said...

I think I may have made a mistake when I tuned in to the Glee Project. It showed me Ryan Murphy as his natural self, and he gave me the creeps. If people put themselves out there like that, I would prefer to leave that experience with some respect or something positive about that person. The opposite has happened, and I am not sure how I will respond. I'm just not that excited about the new season, and that pisses me off a little. Damn it Ryan, I wish we had never met!!

Ava said...

Based on the "We Got the Beat" performance, it seems they've finally figured out why people actually watch this show - HOT CAST BEING HOT. Also, can Dianna do a voice over every week? I don't even care if she never sings, just let her talk in that sexy voice forever.

Solo said...

forgot to mention...dont u just looove how Naya perfectly fits in Heathers arms :))

Mandy said...

*snort* I know it's mean, but I can't stop giggling that poor HeMo totally got beaned in the face in that top picture. Total smush faced beaned. It's adorable and I can't stop laughing! I'm a horrible person, I admit it.

*crosses fingers, knocks on wood* Please don't suck, 'Glee'. Please please please.

WTF! said...

hey girls is it true that heather morris quits the show for some picture she took with a black eye???

alex dumas said...

I was really, really perturbed to find that Fox (and Hulu) are making us wait 8 days to watch the online episodes if we happened to miss the original airing. Who do I need to complain to? Not everyone has a DVR.

Anonymous said...

Quinn is so hot!

Anonymous said...

Pathetic ratings for Glee,great,bad show,no talent..