But, seriously, Tumblr is an elegant blogging platform, one I have long lurked on but never partaken in until now. So what’s changed? Well, clearly not my levels nightly sleep levels. Nor my amount of free time. And certainly not my workload. But I think it might make a nice little bridge between the daily blogging I do here and more newsy near-daily blogging I do for AfterEllen and then the incessant 140-character randomness bombs I drop around Twitter on the regular. Not a tweet, not quite a blog. Maybe this will be the happy medium Baby Bear spot for all the things too small for a full post on Surrenders and too big for a tweet on the Tweeter Machine.
You are certainly not required to follow me on Tumblr. I’m sure you get more than enough of the various flotsam and jetsam that bangs about my skull here. But if you do choose to, I will try to make it fun and enjoyable and silly and even – just every so often – informational.
Things you should know.
- I can be found at dorothy-snarker.tumblr.com. Yes, with a hyphen. Yes, I’m annoyed by that. Oh, well, at least the gal who has it without the hyphen liked Pushing Daisies.
- I plan to swear and be naughty, which is, you know, par for the course.
- I don’t know how frequently I’ll post. I just have no idea. Probably too much or too little – if I had to guess.
- I don’t entirely know what I’m doing. I’m still tweaking the layout and figuring out the posting options. Like how do I make the text margins the same as the photo margins? It’s driving me nuts.
- I am open to ideas. Cool things to do with the design. Cool features. Cool widgets. Cool tumblrs to follow. Your tumblr to follow. Anything. Everything.
So there you have it. And my timing is pretty perfect. Because if it goes badly I can say it was all just an enormous April Fools’ Day joke. Right then, and for those extreme suckers for punishment, here is a full accounting for the ridiculous numbers of ways you can find me online besides ye olde blog.
Jesus. What the hell am I doing? Happy weekend, all.