Friday, April 08, 2011

My Weekend Crush

Spoilers! Alex Kingston is delicious. Like eat her up with a spoon, lick the bowl clean delicious. She’s saucy and delightful, like someone you’d want to monopolize at a party because she was that much fun. She’s also one of the world’s great winkers – and that’s no small feat considering most of the rest of us poor souls look like your corny grandpa or someone in the midst of an epileptic fit while trying to pull one off properly. While you lucky folks across the pond knew her years before, most American audiences didn’t get a proper taste until her days on “E.R.” Even in scrubs and a lab coat, the charm came through along with that irresistible shock of cascading curls. Now that she’s joined “Dr. Who” as River Song, she’s doubly delicious – and packing heat. And, in two weeks, we’ll get to hear her say that most endearing of greetings again. Hello, sweetie. Happy weekend, all.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I so approve. Wonderful pic of Alex!
I'm only new to reading your blog, so I'm glad to hear you are informed on some of the (fantastic) ladies of DW. One reason among many to keep coming back.

Anonymous said...

Lol, I'm sure most lesbians of a certain age in the UK will fondly remember her for her performance as Moll Flanders in the 90s TV adaptation :-)

K & J said...

I agree and can't wait to see her again in the new season of Dr Who :)
Kara XOXO

Laura said...

oh yes! I remember her as Moll Flanders, that DVD is on my must have list :O)

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have to share this with you. HAVE TO. The best ER outtake ever - although if you ask me, they should have left it in the episode and started off a whole new storyline.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2di2Q1AkSL0

Marie said...

I can't wait for her this series on DW. I die every time she says "Hello Sweetie".

sonja said...

I have to say that picture is very alluring, but NOTHING can make me watch Dr. Who. I wish AK all the best though...

Summer said...

Is THIS where all the lesbian Doctor Who fans are?? I'm no longer alone!

Ravenwood said...

Anyone caught her run on Private Practice lately? Captivating performance, to say the least...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
feministfan said...

Speaking of delicious performances, and long before I saw her on E.R., Alex Kingston knocked it out of the ball park as the luscious, feisty & fearless heroine of PBS' Masterpiece Theatre adaptation of Moll Flanders. Beg, borrow or steal the DVD if you can, you will plotz for her charismatic performance in the starring role.

Sasha said...

simply gorgeous :)

Em said...

Am approving like nobody's business.
And that picture.
OH ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?

Even if I did suggest that there was a lack of her on your, might I say, completely wonderful, blog.
<3333
AND DOCTOR WHO. While we're on that topic, Karen Gillan's yummy too.

Anonymous said...

I'm unnaturally excited that you chose Alex as your weekend crush. Both she and River Song make my imagination go to unspeakable places.