Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Back where they belong

Is it July yet? Yesterday I sang the praises of another kind of crime drama. One of methodical realism and gripping intensity. “Rizzoli & Isles” isn’t like that, and that’s just fine. Ice cream comes in a lot of flavors and you don’t have to like just one. What I like about “Rizzoli & Isles” is the chemistry – that electric, infectious, playful connection between Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander. Also, super duper gay.

So then it’s been fun to follow both Angie and Sasha’s tweets from the set, and their little behind-the-scenes snippets from the new season. (The season 2 premiere is called “We Don’t Need Another Hero.” They just got the script for the third episode.)

Jane is back:How does she manage to look hot even when getting her hair did?

Jane’s shoe:Angie shows us her suspiciously Doc Martens-like police Oxfords. (It’s not, because I can’t see the yellow stitching. But it’s close enough to draw totally baseless conclusions. Amirite?)

Maura is back:It’s unnatural how adorable she is.

Maura’s buddy:I was afraid they’d hurt the turtle tortoise! in the finale, I’m not even kidding.


But do you know what I really, really miss? Seeing them together. Clearly they are both gorgeous and lovely and talented in their own right. But together they’re like unicorns and rainbows. Awesome alone, freaking magic together. So then, without further adoing, I give you our Rizzles back in action.


July 11 is too damn far away. We want Jane and Sasha Maura eye sex, and we want it now. Though, nice practicing on the camera there, Angie.

p.s. I’m not the only dork counting the days until the “Rizzoli & Isles” premiere. Me & Liz are gonna watch it together with some night cheese.


17 comments:

Jon B said...

I can't wait for it to return too. I came to see NCIS' Sasha Alexander, stayed for the show (and yes, I like to imagine them as a couple). My only gripe is that the first season is coming to DVD in July, but not Blu-Ray. The show (and Sasha and Angie :D) look great in HD.

I love the 30 Rock clip. Awesome show as well.

Laura said...

"It's a tortoise Jane"

Stefanie - The Bookish Owl said...

Could still be Docs, some of the lace-up shoes don't have the yellow stitching http://www.cloggs.co.uk/invt/1767/ cuz companies can be fussy. *eyeroll*

L said...

Angie Harmon might be straight, but those shoes are definitely dyke-curious.

KT said...

i can’t wait for season 2 but i think because of fanfic series’ like: http://snuffnyc.livejournal.com/415022.html

and photomanips like: http://ficreadr.tumblr.com/post/3304229302/ikissedagirl

made over the hiatus, my expectations for season 2 have gone from high to completely unattainable.

k3sse said...

Jane and Sasha eye sex? or Jane and Maura? or Angie and Sasha? :|

Rachelle said...

Definitely looking forward for some laughable moments.
And damn, Sasha is undeniably too cute!

Tina Fey, the woman that makes me laugh no matter in the mood I might me!

Norma Desmond said...

R&I is one of the few things I'm looking forward to over the summer. I see the episodes as being welcomed oases of eye sex in my otherwise barren and bleak (and, therefore, desert-like) summer... So sad and pathetic, but true.

AR said...

They can't even take a walk together without gay-zing at each other.

Amanda said...

Ohhhhh, Angie's swagger, excuse me while I wipe the drool. She so nice too, she replies to tweets!!! The show is nothing like the books, but I just pretend they're two entirely unrelated entities with the same names.

BlogFront said...

Hi Dorothy,

BlogFront.org is committed to uphold the quality standards of blogging. We strive to maintain and promote only the most credible blogs in their respective fields.

Spam blogs or "splogs" has been a problem for some time now and people are getting confused about which blog to trust.

We would like to thank you for maintaining such a reputable blog. We know that it takes time, effort and commitment to keep such a blog and as such, we have added your blog as one of the top GLBT Blogs.

You can see your blog listed here: http://blogfront.org/glbt/2

You can also claim your BlogFront Top Blogs badge at http://blogfront.org/badges/glbt

Thank you for keeping your blog credible. Let's keep the blog revolution alive!

Maria Blanchard
BlogFront.org
Blog Revolucion

Amy Lynn said...

KT thanks for the Tumblr link. I've been reading that particular fic from some time now and I agree with you that there's no way Season 2 will get anywhere near that. Oh well, it's the best fic ever.

buddyroe said...

Can Alice watch with you and Tina? That kid just has to be cool. There is photographic evidence:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/donnad/tina-feys-daughter-has-serious-swag

Anonymous said...

KT a million thanks for the snuffnyc link. You made my week!

Tom said...

Much like you, Dorothy, I'm really excited to see Angie and Sasha back. They look amazing and I cannot wait to see that signature chemistry of theirs return. Both Angie and Sasha looked stunning in the photoshoot. And the "30 Rock" clip was hilarious.

And also like you, I thought the villains would harm Bass. Would a tortoise's shell stand a chance against the bullets from a semi-automatic weapon?

Anonymous said...

Possible eyesex alert! They look sideways at each other around the 00:22 mark.

Anonymous said...

I boycott this bad show and Harmon fan of Sarah Palin ,
no comment...