Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Do you want me to seduce you

So, my suspicions have been confirmed. “Chloe” does look good, like mindfuck and the more, um, traditional kind of fuck good. From its first (and French) trailer, the Atom Egoyan drama featuring Julianne Moore, Liam Neeson and Amanda Seyfried is quite promising. And not just for the very special naked time Julianna and Amanda appear to spend together. [Note: That means its NSFW folks, so watch appropriately.]

Normally, I’m not that into the other woman kinds of thrillers (think “Obsessed,” otherwise known as the movie where Beyonce headbutts a bitch). But with a cast this caliber and Egoyan’s penchant for dark, thoughtful material, I’m sold. Granted, the aforementioned very special naked time does help.

And, as I also mentioned before, I’m excited about the chance to see Amanda be bad – as in “you’ve hired me to seduce your husband to catch him in an affair and report back on each encounter in increasingly graphic detail while I also seemingly get it on with you”-bad.

Even though I have a sneaking suspicion this will all end very badly, it’s going to be a heck of a ride getting there.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOO!! ^_^

Norma Desmond said...

A ride? For sure. I'm excited. :P

frannie said...

Yes Please! I love it when seemingly "good" girls go bad!

Hilarywho said...

Wow. Looks good!

Anonymous said...

I really respect Atom Egoyan, and love the ladies, but this movie looks SO bad!

Hope I'm wrong

Purity McCall said...

Hmm well judging by the trailer I'm guessing Shannon this isn't going to stack up too well against Nathalie - but then lovely as Ms Moore is that film did have the huge advantage of Fanny Ardent in the JM role...

pebbles said...

i just read the title of this post in my rss and thought "why yes please ms snarker"

Anonymous said...

This is a remake of Natalie?

I don't think anything could compare with Fanny Ardant and Emmanuelle Beart looking at each other.

(I mean, the rest is excellent, but I could gladly watch them just look at each other for quite some time.)

Anonymous said...

The story reminds me of Nathalie movie with Fanny Ardant.. I doubt that JM would do better in this part.

Unknown said...

If you want to compare to the film "Nathalie" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_fWYgv133U

;-)

Anonymous said...

I don't know...I like Julianne Moore, but she's 25 years older than Amanda and that just creeps me out (they actually share the same birthday, Dec 3rd). I don't have a problem with "real life" couples with that age difference (heck, my parents were 17 yrs apart), but my libido doesn't get fired up about seeing it in a sex scene.

Anonymous said...

Why a remake? Can it stand up to "Nathalie"?
Fanny Ardant, Emmanuelle Béart, Gérard Depardieu
--------

Pam Grier!!!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00przy5

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

Early word is not good, but I'm going to watch this movie anyway.

Making Space said...

Yeah that just can't end well.

Get Set.Go said...

I'm really excited for this movie!

Raven said...

This remake looked like being done for international, Nathalie won an award but is was the european film awards in 2001.

SALOU said...

Nathalie was Ok, so how can this one be great??? Amanda looks hot though!!!!

Nguoi Lon said...

Looks good. thank!!!

teddy said...

the video went out. link?

Anonymous said...

My GOD!!!! I don´t care if the film is not as good as the original, I just want to see it!!!!