Friday, January 08, 2010

My Weekend Crush

If you judge a person by the company she keeps, then Amanda Seyfried is critically-acclaimed, funny and hot. Hmm, guess you can judge a person by the company she keeps. The 24-year-old actress has shared the screen with Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore, Vanessa Redgrave, Robin Wright Penn, Holly Hunter, Tina Fey and Megan Fox. Granted, that last association is probably most notable for the kissing. In 2010 she has not one, not two, not three but four films coming out – “Chloe” (with Julianne), “Letters to Juliet” (with Vanessa), “Dear John” and “Marmaduke” (yes, as in the dog – they can’t all be award contenders).

There is an inherent sweetness behind those big eyes. But as much as they could out doe a doe, there is also a flicker underneath that speaks of so much more. I’m particularly looking forward to the new dramatic thrilled “Chloe.” First, it’s by Atom Egoyan whose movies are always arresting and was also one of the first to introduce the world to Mia Kirshner – and in a Catholic schoolgirl outfit no less. Second, it co-stars Julianne and Liam Neeson. Third, it stars Amanda as a prostitute who just might seduce them both. And finally, it’s got this poster. See what I was saying about a flicker? Happy weekend, all.

15 comments:

Fiona said...

thank you :)

Lezlie Mac said...

Hum, the thing about "Chloe" is that it's a remake for a rather very dreadful French movie...
Let's hope the doe eyes make up for the badness of it all...

Vikki said...

My daughter (who is 4) wants to marry her. She fell is love with her while watching Mama Mia.

Anonymous said...

Is it me, or is Julianne Moore playing a decent number of lesbian/bi characters?

Unknown said...

I am not quite sure about her eyes. They seem funny to me.

Robin said...

No matter what she does in the future, Amanda will always be Lily Kane to me. :)

frannie said...

LOVE her! Thanks for this!

kim said...

she's got those huge Disney princess eyes just like Anne Hathaway...I read an article one time (can't remember where) about the philosophy behind the huge saucer type eyes. Wish I could wake up enough to remember what it said..*yawn*

elliB said...

Yeah, I was pretty sure I loved her in Mean Girls and Veronica Mars, then Mama Mia sealed it. Usually I'm not taken by the blond-haired, blue-eyed deal. But those eyes of hers are remarkable.

Kate said...

Amanda seems to be everywhere lately! I've been watching Veronica Mars on DVD, then I saw Alpha Dog last week and now I'm on to Big Love on DVD. There are times I think she looks much lovelier than others, but there is no doubt the girl has talent!

Amanda said...

She's got a pretty bad ass name and I'll never forget her in Mean Girls. Perfect.

Amanda

Making Space said...

I'm old enough to be her mother... y'all have fun though!

Norma Desmond said...

ROBIN! ROBIN just made my life! (Ok, so did a few others, but Robin got there first)

On another note, I am definitely seeing LETTERS TO JULIET. Can't.even.wait.

TheWeyrd1 said...

Chole does sound interesting...

Laura said...

I know this post is old but I love Amanda. Please post more on her.
I always check on your blog.