Thursday, October 04, 2007

Tina Fey likes us, she really likes us

OH MY GOD! Tina Fey mentioned AfterEllen.com on Conan O’Brien last night! That’s so fucking awesome, I’m going to have to repeat it: Tina Fey mentioned AfterEllen.com on Conan O’Brien last night! Fucking-A! OK, OK, I’ve composed myself. Sort of. Fine, not at all. But I will fake it, for Tina’s sake.

So, Tina was on Conan last night to promote today’s premiere of “30 Rock,” which we are all going to watch, right? Right! First of all, she looked amazing. She was in a little black dress with some cleavagy action going on. Rawwr. She talked about how nervous she was about getting dressed for the Emmys and how “You can’t compete with the beautiful orange ladies of Los Angeles.” And then she mentioned how her parents have her on Google Alert and a couple months ago her dad called her all excited:
“Great news, you are no. 7 on the lesbian crushes on AfterEllen.com.”

As if I didn’t love her enough before, now they’re going to have to invent an entirely new level of adoration. Seriously, “crush” does not even come close. Also, I think I might love her dad, too. How cute. The whole interview was classic Tina. Her impression of the Emmy red carpet interviewers was hilarious: “So, Third Rock is good. You and Alex Baldrick are wonderful.”

She also talked about her cover girl status on Geek magazine, which, really, is a match made in heaven. And as if to cement her status, she said how big a “Star Wars” fan she was.

“I’m not going to brag, but I had the 24-inch Millennium Falcon, as a kid. The full Falcon. You know, and I didn’t go on a lot of dates and stuff. So I had to stay home and make sure the Falcon stayed pristine and the action figures were well cared for.”

Of course, Princess Leia was her favorite character. She even got Carrie Fisher to guest star this season and she actually got her to say: “Help me Liz Lemon, you’re my only hope.” To which Tina said, “I can die now.” No kidding, so can I.
p.s. Click on any of the images to enlarge the Tina Fey goodness, particularly that last one. Tell me if you notice anything, say, right in the center of the photograph. Look carefully. Hello.
p.p.s. The night’s musical guest was Ani DiFranco, so it was practically the best late-night guest slate in the history of ever.
p.p.p.s. As soon as the episode is available, I’ll upload it for your viewing pleasure.

UPDATE: Here is is. See what I was saying about the dress. Nice.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha- At first I thought you were talking about her ring. I thought, "well, that doesn't look like an engagement ring, and it's on her right hand, which is unusual, and- whoah cleavage!"

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

They say that you're nobody in show biz until your a lesbian icon ;)

Starr Ann said...

Do sincerely appreciate the heads up on enlarging the photos.

Anonymous said...

as soon as the words slipped out of her mouth i thought, dorothy is so going to blog about this tomorrow.

.-.-.- said...

Thank you Dorothy for introducing me to the wonderful and magical realm of Tina Fey Appreciation. She is one smart, witty, delicious woman and I would vote for her to be the next president even though I don't even live in the U.S. (minor detail really).

And Liz Lemon is such a good name. Genius !

Anonymous said...

New level of adoration is correct, just when you thought you couldn't adore Tina more... she goes and does it again. I was chatting with a friend the other day and we were attempting to pinpoint what it is that makes Tina so irresitably adorable and my conclusion was this (and my friend agreed) - It's the ease with which she carries herself, she's so unassuming but most of all the effortless way in which she is just herself (if that makes any sense).

I need mention here that my adoration for you (Ms. Snarker) is forever increasing as well with the articles you publish. I love them so much but then the other day you did a write-up on Missy Elliott and I was totally blown away. I swear that just when I thought I couldn't admire your work more that you go and up the ante! You get uber cool points for being down with Missy.

Slym

Anonymous said...

P.S. I'm not even gonna get started on the light-headedness that this article has caused. I figure by now, you would know that Tina Fey rocks my socks and definitely will forever have that effect on me *lol* (so much for not mentioning it)

Slym

Anonymous said...

Discussing the 24" Millenium Falcon. ::sigh::

Anonymous said...

As if I didn't love Tina Fey enough as is, now I love her even more for being so awesome to introduce Mary Poppins into her daughter's life.