Wow, it seems like forever since I last had a Buffy post. Oh, right, because it has been forever. The newest Buffy Season 8 comic is finally out (actually it came out a week early but I forgot…oops). Issue No. 5 is the first stand-alone storyline of the new series (think monster-of-the-week versus mythology storylines on “The X-Files”). It follows a faux Buffy (one of three) on her road to Slayerhood. See the first six pages here. Looks like a bumpy road.
In other Buffy news, Joss Whedon came, saw and spoiled the crowd at Comic-Con. The highlights:
- Buffy Season 9 is already being plotted (as a comic, ’natch).
- Oz will be coming back in Season 8 (no word on when).
- The long-gestating “Ripper” project may finally be a go. (Joss and Anthony Stewart Head are in talks with the BBC to turn the pre-Buffy Giles spin-off into a 90 minute special.)
And, finally, more tidbits not from Comic-Con, but the TCA’s where former Buffy executive producer/writer Marti Noxon talked a little Slayer. (She was there as one the executive producers of the Grey’s spin-off “Private Practice.”) The highlights, again:
- She would love to write an arc for Season 8 (and feels like it’s only a matter of time before she does).
- If she did, she would love to bring Tara back. (Yes, Tara. Yes, back. Can I get a hallelujah?)