Thursday, October 03, 2024

Tiny (Lethal) Dancer

So, admittedly, there’s nothing particularly gay about the new trailer for “Ballerina,” the John Wick universe spinoff. Plus after watching Keanu summarily dispatch hordes of nameless suit-wearing adversaries through four films, the whole formula was starting to feel repetitive. John Wick is wronged. John Wick fixes the wrong by pretty much killing everyone. The end.

But darn it if I don’t fall for the young girl raised to be an assassin trope pretty much every time. Killing Eve. Black Widow. You name it, I’ve watched it.

So, OK fine, I will watch Ana de Armas shoot a lot of people with sideways Glock and stab people in the brain. Why not? Also, she reminds me a little of Eliza Dushku, who should have had a successful action career after Buffy but alas. (Though, she appears to be very happy and healthy working outside of Hollywood now, so good for her!) Anyway, as I was saying, more women kicking ass always.

1 comment:

Carmen San Diego said...

I too love the young girl raised to be an assassin trope