Friday, October 04, 2024

My Weekend Crush

Sometimes it’s funny to remember when Angelina Jolie was seen as the untameable wild child of Hollywood. She of the razor-sharp cheekbones and pillowtop lips, with the blood vials and the brother kissing and the lady more-than-kissing and whatnot. I’ve admired how through the years she has carefully chosen her projects – going for more family friendly fare of late with Maleficent and Kung Fu Panda and The Eternals and all. I always thought her action hero era was too short. Anyone who saw her in “Salt” knows she could Jason Bourne the hell out of a series like that. If only the Lara Croft scripts were even halfway decent – alas. I have no idea if “Maria” will mark a new, prestige phase of her acting career. She has certainly earned the right, and respect, to pick whichever projects she chooses. Mostly, I’m just happy to see someone so clearly born to be a star (I mean, we all have eyes) on our screen again. Tres Jolie, indeed. Happy weekend, all.

No comments: