Thursday, July 18, 2024

Getting Closer

Gosh, it’s good to see Elliot Page on screen again. And, goodness, I can already tell this one is gonna make me cry. Elliot’s first feature film since coming out as a trans man looks emotional and powerful and emotional some more. Admittedly, I haven’t been watching “The Umbrella Academy” – I watched the first season but then just never returned. So this will be my first time in a while seeing Elliot perform. And, goodness, if the trailer hits like this the whole movie is gonna be pretty emotional. I also love seeing Wendy Crewson (of “An Unexpected Love” and “Under the Christmas Tree” queer fame) and Peter Outerbridge (of “Orphan Black” and “Bomb Girls” queer fame) have an impromptu “Better Than Chocolate” reunion. Wendy played the mom and Peter played Judy in that 1999 lesbian classic. Small, small (Canadian) world.

No comments: