Monday, July 15, 2024

Music Monday: More Gay

I knew this song had taken over my brain when during Pride weekend I was unconsciously humming it randomly and a friend asked if that was the “I think that I just got more gay” song. And, lo and behold, it was. And, indeed, I did feel even more gay in that moment. You have, no doubt, encountered this sound too on TikTok or Reels or wherever you source your queer video content. I don’t know much about the two-woman duo behind 76th Street and this unmistakably catchy number, except they’re named Haley + Spencer and bill themselves as “Arizona's #1 Indie/Rock Power Duo.” I think this song, if nothing else, should allow them to add “#1 Lesbian Earworm Rockers” to their resumes. Seems only fair. Happy Monday, kittens.

1 comment:

Helena said...

Really love this, wishing you a lovely week Dorothy from a very cold southern tip of Africa.