Monday, March 18, 2024

Music Monday

As an officially Single Girlie, I’m not sure if I want to relate to queer artist Chappell Roan’s lesbian longing earworm “Casual” or not. On the one hand, I’m aware that situationships have been a thing for a while now and appreciate this anthem for the serially noncommittal. On the other hand, ugh, dating – amirite?

After hearing this song played across countless sapphic yearning TikToks, I decided to find the music video for myself. And, let me tell you, after some initial confusion I am now 1,000% here for this queer-flipped “The Shape of Water.” I mean, who amongst us hasn’t fallen for a sharp-tooted, green-skinned, possibly pansexual, definitely carnivorous sea monster? Also, am I attracted to sharp-tooted, green-skinned, possibly pansexual, definitely carnivorous sea monsters now? How does one signify this on Hinge? Or is Tinder better for that? Ugh, dating – amirite? Happy Monday, kittens.

p.s. Don’t worry, I’ve got lots of Oscars thoughts coming soon. Very soon.

No comments: