Monday, March 11, 2024

Music Monday: Kenough Oscars

Look, as a lesbian it pains me to say this, but those Oscars could have done with a lot more Ken. Last night’s show was fine. I liked the smorgasbord of Oscar winners saluting Oscar nominees. But all the frontrunners won. And, again, they let a dude steal the show. But at least it was a dude who did a gender-flipped homage to Marilyn Monroe in “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.” Who also got some of the most talented women in the room to karaoke with him. So, you know, there’s that. Happy Monday, kittens.

p.s. Don’t worry, I’ve now had Kenough and will have more Oscar thoughts for you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Panty Buns said...

Somehow I am not surprised that they let a dude steal the show.
After all, a very high percentage of the Academy is male.
At least the Best Song award went to Billie Eilish - What Was I Made For? (From The Motion Picture "Barbie") [The Barbie Montage] :-)

Panty Buns said...

P.S.:
Billie Eilish, FINNEAS - What Was I Made For? (Live From The Oscars 2024) | Billie Eilish - YouTube <3 xx :D