Monday, June 01, 2020

Music Monday: Rainbow Edition

Well, we made it to June. I cannot tell if time seems to be moving faster now or slower, it certainly doesn’t seem to all be moving at the same time – if that makes any sense. Does anything make any sense anymore? Sorry, where was I? Right, so it is June which – of course – is traditionally Pride Month. But pride celebrations have basically all been cancelled because, well, you know. *waves arms gayly at the whole damn world* So instead, we must find our inner rainbows. And this song, well this song makes me feel rainbows around my heart. We used this cover by Ingrid Michaelson (an obvious favorite) of “Over the Rainbow” as entrance song at our wedding. So, it will always fill me with sunshine, lollipops and rainbows (another song we used in our ceremony). So please enjoy this little slice of my heart with hopes that June will be a better month for our nation and this world. We sure could use that other side of the rainbow. Happy Monday, kittens.

5 comments:

Helena said...

Have a safe and healthy week Dorothy and here is to wishing all of get safely to the other side of this nightmare.

Carmen San Diego said...

Happy Gay Wrath month

Carmen San Diego said...

Can’t believe we won’t be able to honor Larry Kramer at Pride

Unknown said...

Snark, when we are finished distancing, please let me take you out for dinner! I am smart, it will be fun.

Anonymous said...

Every day is Pride month as long as I have you DS! Even though we won’t be able to celebrate in SF we always have each other and we always have this song:) Thank you for sharing all of the slices of your heart with me.