Thursday, March 07, 2019

Gender Fuck Thursday

I don’t pretend to know one single thing about fashion. Most days I’m content if my clothes aren’t too wrinkly and don’t smell. But I appreciate people with great fashion sense. And I do not poo-poo the whole industry out of hand – and not just because I live in fear of a withering Miranda Priestly-esque “You think this has nothing to do with you”-lecture. Yeah, a lot of this shit is ridiculous. But, again, it’s what we humans do because we don’t have enough hair protecting our bodies. We all wear clothes and like to look (relatively) nice. So let us all appreciate a fellow human being who knows fashion. Loves fashion. And looks damn good in fashion. And that person is Janelle Monae at Paris Fashion Week.



Also, Janelle and K-Stew sitting next to each other in the front row made me even gayer, but make it fashion.


2 comments:

Carmen SanDiego said...

Oh DS we have so much in common. I just want to be clean and protected from the elements. If my T-shirt is clever then it’s a bonus but mostly just keep me warm.

Karen said...

I shop at Kohls. The idea of spending hundreds to thoudsands of dollard on oufits accessories and beauty products is outlandish. The fashion industry and Hollywood industry are two areas I can't relate to.