Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Simply Marvel-ous

The second “Captain Marvel” trailer was released yesterday. And in addition to giving us a little more backstory (and forestory) about our intrepid noble warrior hero, it also gives us gay ladies more reasons to buy a ticket. I mean, it’s a female superhero story, so clearly already we’re excited. But here is a closer look at all the little (and big) gay gifts packed into the trailer.

First, and foremost, this look. I remember having a misplaced butch crush on Tom Cruise in “Top Gun” because, duh, everyone had a crush on Tom Cruise in “Top Gun.” But now, finally, some fighter pilot hotness gender swap for all us queer girls.



Second, her alternative lifestyle haircut/helmet-cut. I mean, Tegan and Sara wish they could rock a flamey, glowy mohawk this hard. And the pure energy hair is a 100 percent mood



Third, please, she is wearing a baseball cap with a leather jacket. And it’s the 90s. Need I say more?



Fourth, lip ring! Kidding, it’s something to do with her helmet/space gear no doubt. But still, looks a lot like a 90s lip ring. Just sayin’.



Fifth, she isn’t afraid to hit old women/bad creatures. Strong assertive action despite possible public perception is always a turn on.



Six, she’s the leader of the pack. And her squad includes Smurf Gemma Chan.



Seventh, she also hangs with Annette Bening with only slightly less dykey hair than her “The Kids Are All Right” days.



Eighth, this is how she asserts herself on the subway. Beware, manspreaders, the avenger of all female passengers squished in their seats is here!



Ninth (of course it’s ninth), the cat. Yes, yes – I know it’s really a “cat.” But you know we can never resist petting a nice pussy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the 'lip ring' is blood! Kree have blue blood. Also, this is a quality article.

Helena said...

Great article , thank you. And Annette Benning looking so sexy :)

Carmen SanDiego said...

Smurf Gemma Chan made me snort. I’m really looking forward to seeing this but I’m way behind on my Marvel movies. Hope I don’t have to watch everything to understand it

Sera Que said...

Also, the cat's name is Furious? Oh yeah.