Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Season of Charlize

I find Charlize Theron really interesting. In part, because she’s just straight-up gorgeous and I almost never tire of looking at a pretty face. But an even larger part is because she’s not just a pretty face. And a pretty face with something more behind it, now that I really never tire of looking at. But what I find most interesting is that instead of making a career of being straight-up gorgeous, she has chosen to do more. And, no, I’m not just talking her “uglying up” for “Monster.” Last year she was in “Young Adult,” where she played unlikeable to a dangerously convincing degree. And next up are two films coming this June that again take her outside the stereotypical gorgeous blonde box.

The first is “Snow White and the Huntsman,” where she steps up unlikeable and takes it all the way to evil as the Evil Queen. And then it’s in action hero mode in the “Alien” prequel “Prometheus.” Man, do both these movies look good. Like, let’s do this, buy the jumbo tub of popcorn, my body is ready good. And in part that’s because, well, they just look cool. But also because they are both films with strong female leads and impressive casts. “Snow White” also stars Kristen Stewart, Chris Hemsworth and some spiffy looking special effects. And “Prometheus” includes spiffy looking cast Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Guy Pearce and Idris Elba – plus some spiffy special effects. All in all, I’m ready for the Season of Charlize in the cinema. Bring it, blondie.

Snow White and the Huntsman


Prometheus


So, which movie are you most excited for? Me, I’m going double feature.

10 comments:

frannie said...

Holy Crapoly! I want to go to a double feature with you! They both look AWESOME! I agree with you about Charlize, something about her is just unique and right.

Shula said...

Very excited for both of those movies. Possibly Snow White more, but it's a pretty dark close call.

Zed said...

they both look brilliant. Love Ridley Scott. Love Charlize more. Yum. x

Redbone210 said...

I'll take them both. Can't get enough of Charlize.

egghead said...

As long as she is evil wicked, debauched beyond imagination and going to straight to hell, that's the Queen for me, blonde or not. That's art! :D

I think, personally, Charlize is a little bit crazy. But why the hell not? Hum?

gwynna said...

Despite the delightful wickedness of the white queen, anything with Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender wins hands down for me. Ridley Scott provides the cherry on top!

Anonymous said...

Prometheus for sure but I'll see both.

test said...

personally, my favourite was aeon flux. she had the voice perfected which shows how dedicated she was to the role.

but of these two, double feature all the way

Yet... said...

Lordy lordy lordy...thank you for Charlize, start middle and finish!

Unknown said...

I would have said just "Prometheus", but after watching that awesome trailer to "Snow White and the Huntsman" I switched to watching both. It just floored me!

Wait one second while I get up. :)