Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Cyndi’s true colors are beautiful like a rainbow

She-bops, and rocksHoly crap. Here I am going about my normal day. Outrage here. Outrage there. Outrage, outrage everywhere. And then, blam, something happens that makes me believe in the wonders of the universe again. Something like, say, Cyndi Lauper taping a personalized shout out for the blog to promote her super cool and why-the-hell-don’t-you-have-your-ticket-yet True Colors Tour, which raises funds and awareness for gay rights. Last night I got an email from a marketing company, which happens every so often and for the most part I just ignore. But this one wasn’t the usual “If you put this banner ad on your site, we’ll send you a calendar”-type offer. Well, see for yourself.

Crazy, right? I mean, she even jokes about Toto! I could not love her more. I’m pretty blown away that, in some tiny way, she know that this site exists (even if a PA was standing in the background with flashcards prompting her what to say as she taped shout out after shout out in some small studio somewhere and then later went out for beers with friends and said, ‘Damn, those promo call days really take it out of you’). Really, it’s amazing that she takes the time to do this kind of outreach. She is truly a wonderful ally, a wonderful singer and a wonderful woman. So seriously, I’m not kidding -- get your tickets now! CLICK for more information on the tour

7 comments:

nycrouge said...

Whoa. Marketing GENIUS!

Anonymous said...

You deserve the plug and hurray for Cyndi!
I cannot believe that evolution clip - Oh My Darwin!

scribegrrrl said...

Awesome! Couldn't happen to a better blogger.

Anonymous said...

suh-weeet! you go girl!

Leila said...

WHO is more awesome than Cyndi Lauper??!!! And you are her yippy Toto girl. Yay to everyone. Breathe breathe. That was too much fun.

Bainshee said...

I've always liked Cyndi, but I have so much respect for her with the tour and, now, submitting a video shout out. That rocks.

ravaj said...

wow. that is bloody brilliant!