Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I need snakes off a plane, STAT!

Something tells me this is not what Julianna Margulies had in mind when she left ER.

I mean, when your costar goes from George Clooney to an angry python you have to start wondering about your career choices. Sure, the movie has garnered unprecedented internet buzz because of its B-movie title and plot. (You’ve got snakes. You’ve got a plane. You’ve got a blockbuster, baby!). But I doubt she ever thought when she turned down $27 million to stay one more season on ER in 2000 that a scant six years later she would be wielding an axe at a some slithery menaces while Samuel L. Jackson screamed, “I want these motherfucking snakes off the motherfucking plane!”

Deep down, you know Julianna was hoping this movie would die the quick direct-to-video death it probably deserves, she would collect a tidy paycheck and the world would keep wondering, “Whatever happened to that nice Nurse Hathaway?”

No comments: