Friday, March 30, 2012

My Weekend Crush

Firsts are fun. First car. First kiss. First off-shore account in the Cayman Islands. (What? I fully intend to win the Mega Millions jackpot this weekend.) So when news broke this week that “Saturday Night Live” was going to cast its first out lesbian comic, I was naturally thrilled. Kate McKinnon, of “Big Gay Sketch Show” fame, will join the cast April 7 as a featured player. And that, that is awesome. It’s awesome for many reasons, not the least of which because Kate is damn funny. But also because of the historic firstness of it all. (Note: Apparently there has been a lesbian on the SNL before, albeit briefly, but I don’t believe the late Danitra Vance was out when she joined in 1985.) So let us all welcome, with big gay arms, the arrival of Kate to the Not Ready For Prime-Time Players. And to all the idiots who continue to bitch that women aren’t funny and that lesbians aren’t funny – suck on this. Suck on it hard. Happy weekend, all.

Check out Kate in the webseries “VAG Magazine”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"First off-shore account in the Cayman Islands."

Now darling, we both know that's not true! ;) Oh and darling, I've just been put in touch with a fabulous lesbian gold trader in Amsterdam. Would you like me to give you her your name?

"Suck on this. Suck on it hard."

Oh my! It would help though darling if I knew what the "it" was?! ;)

PD

Big Shamu said...

Lily Tomlin hosted during the first season but she wasn't officially out and she wasn't a regular. There was a cast member during the disastrous sixth season but I'm not sure she's out so I won't go there. Danitra Vance was Season 11 and don't think she was out at the time.

37 seasons is a long time to wait.

Amanda said...

Love her in the "Lesbian Speed Dating" sketch. Classic. Hurray for SNL

Amanda

Anonymous said...

fitzwilliam was my favorite :) i just wish logo were bringing back the big gay sketch show :(