Monday, October 10, 2011

Naked Lady Athletes Monday

Now, I know these photos came out late last week. And I know you all have been emailing and tweeting and asking if I’ve seen them. And, yes, I’ve seen them. But I saved them, on purpose, to show them to you when you really needed it. Patience, you see, isn’t just a virtue. It’s a gift. Sure, they would have been fun to look at on Thursday or Friday or Saturday or Sunday. But Monday, Monday is when you need them – really, really need them. So, that’s where I come in. No need to thank me. Just, you know, don’t drool on the screen.

Hope Solo, Olympic & World Cup soccer goalieThat garden hose is a surrogate for us all. In our dreams.

Gretchen Bleiler, Olympic & X-Games snowboarderThose abs are like black diamond runs. Jesus. I’m going to need a moment.

Alicia Sacramone, Olympic gymnastGymnastics was my favorite sport growing up. Now the reasons are all coming together for me.

Julie Chu, Olympic hockey playerAll those pads were hiding this. I hate those pads.

Sylvia Fowles, WNBA playerThose are some lucky damn rocks.

Suzy Hotrod, co-captain of Team USA Roller DerbyI’d love to try roller derby, but I lack the requisite numbers of tattoos. Oh, and also I fear grievous bodily harm.

Stephanie Gilmore, four-time world surfing champSometimes staying dry is good too.

Belén Mozo, LPGA rookieShe appears to have lost her ball in the tough. And her clothes.

Kelly Kulick, professional bowlerI’m trying really hard to think of a good naughty 7-10 split joke.

Natasha Hastings, Olympic sprinterAnyone else feel like putting a bow-chicka-bow beat on the “Chariots of Fire” theme?

Vera Zvonareva, No. 3 ranked women’s tennis playerI’m calling this love-love.

Gretchen & HopeEverything is obliques and nothing hurts.

Your Monday is looking up, no? See, timing is everything.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Dorothy, I'm incapable of speech. You need a moment? Wow, I'm gonna need a few hours!

Anonymous said...

I just. Words. Can't. What? *drool*

Anonymous said...

My day just got a lot better. Sighhh. Hope Solo is sooo hot.

d said...

Wow. Umm, ya know, thanks!

Anonymous said...

Just saved my day
:p

hugs from Brazil

chesmd said...

So why is most everyone posing in a way that somehow relates to their sport (for the most part) and yet Hope is watering the lawn? Did I miss something? is this supposed to be some sort of metaphor related to soccer/football?

Althena said...

Without Snarker, life in this Nigerian closet would have been really lonely!
Thank you seems too ordinary!

Anonymous said...

I wanna see the outtakes...

brainfreeze28 said...

I joined roller derby recently, and I don't have any tattoos! And the bodily harm is the fun part :)

azinthesun said...

Alicia Sacromone is the girlfriend of Brady Quinn, Denver Broncos back up QB. She tore her ACL or something like that and is having surgery today to repair it. He is flying out to be w/her for her surgery. He got big props from her for his support.

LGC said...

Holy cheese balls! Hope is hot. Brain has melted. Thanks, D!

Emily said...

.....Hope......Solo........ *faint*

Anonymous said...

Julie Chu...so incredible you.
wow, just can't believe...i was always attracted to you playing, now even more so.

Anonymous said...

Julie Chu, so incredible! Was always attracted to you with all the pads on playing hockey...now i'm even more stunned by your beauty.