Friday, October 08, 2010

My Weekend Crush

One of my many dirty little secrets is that I don’t always find Sarah Silverman all that funny. Sometimes, sure – fucking hilarious. But other times, eh – not so much. I just don’t really dig potty humor, so when she veers overboard into adolescent absurdism I have to roll my eyes. But I do appreciate Sarah for her unending boldness and unabashed independence. She is willing to say the unsayable. Quite frankly, the world needs more women who are unafraid of putting it all out there. After all, any gross thing boys can go, girls can do grosser. What I have always appreciated is Sarah’s unwavering support of the GLBT community. In fact, it was a tweet of Sarah’s about marriage equality that got me to follow her on Twitter in the first place. This week it was another tweet of hers and the very succinct, very heartfelt message behind it that reminded me why I keep following her. So even if I’m not big on licking dog butts, I am always going to be big on Sarah Silverman. Happy weekend, all.

7 comments:

Tin said...

Less than thirty seconds to get right to the heart of it. My mom actually sent me the link to this video. I never really was a fan of Sarah until I saw that.

Anonymous said...

I rarely finmd her funny or even attractive, she just seems to try too hard.

betsey said...

I, too, only sometimes laugh at SarahKSilverman, even though I also follow her on the twitters.

Norma Desmond said...

I'm not actually a fan of hers either, but I *do* follow her on Twitter... mostly for things like this.

Anonymous said...

Sarah's 30 second video is exactly what America needs to hear. This would make the most perfect PSA - and it just happens to already be 30 seconds long. Where are our gay peeps at the networks and in cable that can get a PSA like this on the air?

Wanna end homophobia? Then we have to expose it and then shame it. Or else it will Never go away.

Anonymous said...

Bang on Ms S. Bang on.

Anonymous said...

I don't think she's to everyone's taste, maybe a little too subversive for most, but she cracks me up. I also think she's beautiful. Too bad she's only gay friendly and not gay.