Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dog day afternoon

Doggone it, you knew this was coming. After a day of nothing but cat calls, I’ve had to let the dogs out (yes, forgive me, I went there). I had dogs all while growing up. In fact, until I got a cat I considered myself strictly a dog person. So I know that special, unspoken bond between a girl and her dog. Sure, dogs may be man’s best friend, but they’re a woman’s best friend forever. Who’s a good dog? Who is? Who is?

Kate Moennig & FloydVenus Williams & HaroldKatee Sackhoff & MeatballHilary Swank & Karu & friendsLisa Edelstein & Wolf EAmy Adams & Pippy & SadieZooey and Emily Deschanel & KatrinaEllen Page & Patti (*yes, named after Smith)Christiane Amanpour & her newshoundJordana Brewster & one lucky puppyAli Larter & two really, really lucky puppiesGlenn Close & her blogging puppies Jake & BillDid you know Scribegrrrl is practically BFFs with Glenn and her pups? Well, now you do.

15 comments:

RotatingWorld said...

Holy titscrepancy Emily D.

I love this theme, though. Yay dogs! Yay hot ladies AND dogs!

scribegrrrl said...

I cannot get over how cute Venus's dog is. Who's a photogenic pup-pup?! Who is?! You are!!

Is Ellen Page's dog named after Patti Smith, perchance? That would be so her.

Big Shamu said...

I worked on one of Glenn's Plain and Tall movies (for about a NY minute) and if I remember correctly she had her dog on set, a border collie I think. I knew then and there she was my kinda woman.

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

One lucky beagle in that first pic ;) I was always a dog person too...until we got a cat, which is how that story invariably plays out.

RotatingWorld said...

If I were that beagle, I'd be mortified, what with the beanie hat and the crazy lipstick.

Unknown said...

Nice photos - where do you get your photos? Are you a photographer? or work closely with stars. They are awesome. Just curious. In my next life I want to be Angelina or Kate's dog. I LOOVVVEEE Chistiane A. She is my idol... thanks for sharing these photos.

Annie said...

Yay for Katee and her beloved pup Meatball - the luckiest frakking dog in the known world! Well, that and Lena Headey's zillion doggies! ;D

LiteraryVice432 said...

Awesome but you totally forgot Rachel Maddow and her pup Poppy! http://www.maddowfans.com/media/photos/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=1302

Norma Desmond said...

Ah... much better. :)

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

If you had a beagle you would know that they have no shame. The beanie and lips are nothing ;)

sauntering vaguely downwards said...

Totally should add Famke Janssen and her dog, Licorice. She's obsessed with him. Seriously. She even knits him little dog clothes.

It's ridiculous. But I love them both.

http://muttnews.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/img-46542fe85b090.jpg

Anonymous said...

Love your blog. But I got a really bad taste in my mouth with the homophobe venus's picture. Or maybe she's changed her ways and nobody told me.

Anonymous said...

the first pic looks great,
i like some pics.
my favorite is the karu's friend pic. cus i don't know why just look exciting to me.

the kitty's tail vertical? and the puppy smile exactly like what puppy's supposed to do in general.

i like pet special edition on your blog. thanks for the post,
was it great day? ^^

T. said...

The picture of Angelina and the dog isn't real, but can you please put an Angelina label on this post anyway? :D

not only but also said...

Wait! Waaaaaaiiiit!!! Scribe has a blog??!! How did I miss that? Fabulous!!!