Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I do … think you’re hilarious

I think I’m in love. This is perfect timing given that yesterday my great state of California began officially performing gay marriages. But maybe wait on sending anything off our as-yet unregistered registry. There’s a wrinkle in our potential wedded bliss. It seems that, sadly, my object d’amour is probably not gay. Sigh. Isn’t that always the way, ladies?

Regardless, my latest writer/funny lady crush is a one-sided love that dare speak its name. And who is she? She is none other than Sarah Haskins.

Who is Sarah Haskins, you ask? Well, you’re not the only one asking. So did Salon. And so did The Bastion. And so did a lot of feminist bloggers who saw and immediately fell head over heels (or in lesbian’s case, sensible shoes) for her. Pretty much, this is all you need to know. She works for the cable TV channel Current (Al Gore’s station). She is part of their news/comedy show InfoMania and has a segment called “Target Women.” She is smart. She is funny. She is feminist. She hates when you use your Blackberry mid-flight. And she’s not afraid to appear in front of God and The Internets in just a sports bra.

Love, true love. That blessed arrangement. That dream within a dream...

So please enjoy her handiwork. But you can’t have her (even though, again, she’s probably straight). She’s mine!

On Yogurt:

It’s that I have a masters but then I got married look.

On Wedding Shows:

They put the We in wedding and the End in Feminism.

On Suffrage:

It’s like a Hallmark card: On the occasion of losing the presidency.

Like I was saying, I think it’s definitely love. Look for those invitations in the mail.

26 comments:

The Gentleman said...

She’s hilarious! Thanks for sharing such a great treat with us poor gals who lives abroad :)
So damn funny that i forgive you for missing another Tank Top Tuesday...

The yogurt segments… (and the nice Leisha’s Yoplait commercial… ) dear gods! It has made me laugh out loud… you should have put a warning, ‘cause I seriously risked to spill my lava hot coffee on the keyboard!
Well Ms. D I hope you two will live happily ever after :P

Anonymous said...

Step aside, Ms Snarker. As she makes clear in her interview with The Bastion, she prefers the Brits. God bless her for that. And someone tell S Warn to book her pronto!

Anonymous said...

Oh Gods! The piece about the hallmark card for "the losing presidency" occasion was so funny!As much as seeing Obama in the WNBA, or McCain guest starring on Grey's Anatomy. They would do anything for a vote...
Anyway you're such a good talent scout...you could have found a second job ;)Kudos Dorothy, Kudos!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing :) Sarah is hilarious indeed. I wouldn't mind having a bit of her on this side of the Atlantic. But then, I can't have you part with your crush for long periods of time, eh?

Anonymous said...

"I'm gonna sh-t my pants!"

Elayne said...

I gushed over the "Target: Women" yogurt segment in a recent blog post, and someone from there saw it and is now emailing me whenever they have a new one. Clever stuff!

TheWeyrd1 said...

Hmmmmm...do we KNOW for sure that she's straight? Is she maybe bi? Perhaps she bats for our team... One can only hope that's the case anyway. I have a thing for those bright funny gals with a wicked wit...but right, she's YOURS...lol

samantha81p said...

Umm....she's TOTALLY gay. My dar is going off ;)

Anonymous said...

Dorothy - She is hilarious and you are hilarious - yes you are made for one another but won't Tina Fey get jealous??

Trihardist said...

Hehe. No. Sarah Haskins is a professional triathlete. She's racing in Iowa this weekend to qualify for the US olympic team.

Or at least that's what I thought when I saw your post: "Sarah Haskins is on TV, too? My! She does everything!"

I guess that Sarah and Haskins are pretty common names, though. But how cool would it be if they were the same person? Funny, witty feminist and professional triathlete! Unstoppable!

Anonymous said...

Oh Ms Dorothy, if you weren't so great yourself we'd have to duel over Sarah Haskins. Though being feminist and all she'd probably insist on choosing. Darn it.

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

I have to agree with samantha, she pings my gaydar too. But then my 'dar goes off if someone just experimented in college or kissed a girl in the pottyline at Lilith Fair in 1998.

Bianca Reagan said...

Sarah Haskins is so cool! I've blogged about her myself. I assumed she was playing on my team, i.e., Teh Straights, but what do I know.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE her! I live in the Great White North, so have never seen her before. I laughed out loud. Ms. Snarker, if you two get tired of each other, I take sloppy seconds. (Meaning I'll take either of you!)

Elizabeth McQuern said...

Yes, she is wonderful and I'm glad to see the word is spreading!

I interviewed her for the Bastion and I can tell you everyone she's ever worked with in Chicago adores and respects her.

Tell everyone you know! We must get her on the Daily Show! Hoorah.

Anonymous said...

That was ridiculously hilarious! Loved it and loved her!

Anonymous said...

now what was i doing while reading this?

oh yes, eating yogurt. mmm, it's creamy goodness.
i heart sarah haskins like a lot.

Anonymous said...

That was hilarious! I could totally hang out with this girl.

"Here, have 75 cents of my dollar!" Bwahahahaha.

Unknown said...

Ahahahaha, thanks so much for sharing!! The Yogurt thing reminded me so much of Ellen's Go-GURT spoof... (Maybe that's why she's pinging on my gaydar :P) But gay or not, she's a keeper. :D

Unknown said...

'Who's on first? Yogurt is!'
Sarah Haskins--I'm gonna sh*t my pants! The yogurt bit was sublime...a new fan is born...

Amanda said...

Wow. I am in love. And I also love how both yogurt commercials feature lesbians. I guess it's even more a lesbian thing to eat yogurt... gotta get on that..

Amanda

Anonymous said...

Top job Snarker, you have sublime taste. Funny, cute, American, feminist - i'm sorry i was taken at funny.

Anonymous said...

oh she is great, i think gthe yoghurt one is my fave. will be searcging teh interwebs for more of her. i had a slight gaydar ping but who knows

Bananamanager said...

I think I...WOW.
Just...WOW.

Anonymous said...

i know her, she's straight. (but her comedy is still totally crushworthy.)

Invertir en petroleo said...

Hello, i wanna congratulate you for this post, i consider that has good information and is nice to read it.