Friday, December 07, 2007

First Daughters do the darndest things

Sure, your father is/was the leader of the free world. That doesn’t mean you can’t act like a regular human being now and then. This week both Chelsea Clinton and Jenna Bush made a splash acting like, well, normal folks.

Chelsea was spotted on the floor of a Manhattan Starbucks searching for wi-fi. Oh girl, I have so been there. During The Great Telecom Depression of ’07 (as it will heretofore be named), I would have totally cut a bitch for a decent wireless connection. Or, you know, sat on the dirty floor while unfazed coffee drinkers ignored me at their spacious, empty tables. p.s. How hot are Chelsea’s knee-high boots?As for Jenna, well, W’s spawn pulled an E.T. on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” and phoned home live on air. You gotta love Ellen for goading her into it as Jenna worried she would get in trouble, “I’m not going to get anything I asked for for Christmas.” Don’t Shrub and Laura sound like the befuddled parents you thought they would be? The weirdness of having W exchange pleasantries with Ellen is beyond words. I wonder how much Ellen wanted to scream, “Hey, Mr. President, yeah nice to talk with you, too. How about some fucking equal rights?!”

6 comments:

Sue J said...

Who knew Chelsea would turn out so hot?! Yow!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love Ellen.

Anonymous said...

yeah, Chelsea definitely went through an ugly duckling stage, but I'm moving to NYC next year, maybe she and I can hook up.

Much as I do not like our president, I couldn't help but say "aaaw" with the audience, it was kind of cute.

Anonymous said...

i was halfway hoping ellen would say something to that effect as well.

Anonymous said...

"During The Great Telecom Depression of ’07 (as it will heretofore be named), I would have totally cut a bitch for a decent wireless connection."

Hahahahahaha....I love you Ms. S
:-) You make my rainy day bright.

Anonymous said...

Wow, her father is uhmm..okay im not gonna say anything pejorative, just that i dont like him at all, but hey! i have to say that jenna bush is hot!