Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Take Me Out...To the Ballpark

Now that the big men’s sportsball party is over, how about them ladies? Details about the first four teams in the new Women’s Pro Baseball League were finally released, and they will be the Boston Hunters, Los Angeles Queens, New York Heights, and San Francisco Firebells. And, well, the league is already being hailed as “Gayer Than the WNBA.” Sapphics, sapphics. No need to fight. Both leagues should be GAY AS HELL. According to Autostraddle, the WPBL initial roster has 18 out LGBTQ+ players, with representation on every team. Having finally gone to my first Valkyries game last month, I’m excited to get a chance to see yet another professional league play in my part of the country (I know, I know, the first season this year will be played in Springfield, Illinois – I can be patient.) All I know is, these athletes can take me out to the ballpark anytime – anytime at all.

2 comments:

Carmen San Diego said...

How did you like the Valkyries game ?

Carmen San Diego said...

I hope the LA fan scream YAAAAS QUEENS the whole game