Thursday, July 30, 2026

Gender Fuck Thursday: WNBGAY Edition

One of the best things about today’s WNBA – and, make no mistake, this is all because of the players themselves – is all the acceptance of more masc/butch/stud et al presenting queer female athletes. And not just acceptance, but embrace. Heck, embrace isn’t even enough – in many cases, it’s full-on drooling over. Thinking back to 30 years ago when the league was formed, and they were scared to even admit any lesbians ever touched a basketball. All it took was three decades of non-stop fighting for our rights (and, clearly, our rights are still and always in jeopardy). But, still, it is quite something. Get it, you hot-ass ballers. You earned this.

Olivia Miles

Best suit of the orange carpet. I said what I said.

Breanna Stewart

Schoolboy shoes are working for me.

Kahleah Copper

Normally I don’t love a shiny suit. This is not normally.

Stud Budz

I’ll be honest, I don’t love the Trump ties. But I forgive them because of the Thing 1 & Thing 2 hair.

Paige Bueckers

Are “The Matrix”-era sunglasses back? This is like B-ball Trinity.

No comments: