Tuesday, June 14, 2022

5eva Always

Hey, wanna watch something fun with an all-female starring cast and significant queer character development that ALSO makes you laugh at and feel nostalgic for the 90s? Oh, and it’s absurdly funny with one of the highest jokes-per-minute ratios of any comedy on TV right now? Well you should wanna watch, because the second season of “Girls5Eva” is as delightful as the first, and somehow both crazier and more grounded. Plus it gives us more of Paula Pell’s lesbian character Gloria, and her TV/real-life wife. Also, believe it or not, the season also features a key plot point involving a fight sequence with the Property Brothers. The second season focuses on the formerly famous fivesome, now attempting a comeback foursome recording their first new album on their terms. Anyway, the short 8-episode season ended last week and you can now stream the whole thing if you want to laugh and see women doing zany things and, unexpectedly, be moved (“Leave a Message If You Love Me?” Sob.) while letting you momentarily forget that America is basically a raging, unrepentant garbage fire right now. I mean, what more do you want from your TV than that? That’s what I thought. Now the only question is whether you get Peacock or not.

2 comments:

Carmen San Diego said...

There’s a fight sequence with the Property Brothers?
I watched and liked season 1 a lot. I must get peacock again for this. Then cancel it.

Panty Buns said...

Girls5eva is really making me want to get Peacock!
Almost the same way the 'Crush' trailer made me want to get Hulu - (I watched the 'Crush' trailer repeatedly)
I suspect I will be doing the same thing with the Peacock Original Girls5eva | New Season Official Trailer.
(watching it over and over again).
Thank you Dorothy, for brightening my days!