Tuesday, September 22, 2020

A Smashing She-Hulk

I truly cannot express how much I cannot wait to see Tatiana Maslany SHE-HULK SMASH! I have to say, casting perhaps the most gifted transformational actress of our generation (I’ve truly lost count at how many entirely distinct clones she played on “Orphan Black”) was a masterclass in casting. Tatiana has signed on to be attorney Jennifer Walters, who after a blood transfusion from her cousin Bruce Banner becomes She-Hulk. The new live-action show will air on DisneyPlus. I’ve always been a Hulk fan, both of the comics when I was a kid and the TV series starring Bill Bixby. I always thought he brought such pathos to the role, and even to this day when I hear the theme song a beautiful melancholy settles. I have no doubt Tatiana will bring that, and so much more to this transformative role. I delight in more people discovering her multi-faceted (and in many cases, multi-faced and multi-bodied) talent. SMASH, indeed.

No comments: