Friday, August 09, 2019

My Weekend Crush

Fine, you know I’m gonna watch. And, fine, you know I feel a nostalgic twinge seeing Bette, Alice and Shane together again. But, other than cursory notice of the various casting announcements, it’s premiere date Dec. 8, and obviously the name, I haven’t really been paying that much attention to news about “The L Word: Generation Q.” Perhaps it’s that now, with more options for LGBTQ stories and storytellers, I don’t feel the need to consume every single morsel of news about this reboot. Back in the day? I mean, I got excited when they sent me TLW cookies, so I was obviously ravenous for any kind of news. Or, perhaps, I want to go in without expectations – high, low or dear god what batshit is coming next. Either way, I hope these old friends find themselves well. At least Jenny’s still dead, right? Happy weekend, all.

4 comments:

Helena said...

The nostalgic pull is too strong, will definitely watch. Have a great weekend Dorothy. Today we are celebrating Woman's Day in South Africa, will raise a glass on you.

Carmen SanDiego said...

My lesbian group is coordinating to throw a watch party December 8th
I will watch this, of course, but I’m not interested in any of the new characters (or even in Angelica)
I’ll be there solely for the people in that picture

Anonymous said...

Im not really feeling this to be honest. If it doesn't reel me in right away I will move on. Whats with all these re-boots? 90210 is back too. So many people want to pitch new and exciting stuff to Hollywood but the powers that be want to play it safe with the familiar.

Anonymous said...

Didn't watch it then, won't watch it now. Prefer my own lesbian life to any on TV (except for Baldwin on "Counterpart.")