Thursday, May 11, 2017

Orange Is the New Solidarity

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, I’m not sure I’m ready for the new season of “Orange Is the New Black.” But after seeing the official trailer I feel, somehow, relieved. Yes, things ended horribly. No, I’ll never get over it. But, yes, I like the idea of the ladies coming together for a common cause. Yes, I like the idea of solidarity. And, yes, I love how OITNB continues to be one of televisions greatest Trojan Horses for inclusive storytelling. Create a show ostensibly about a white female lead, but then flood the narrative with stories about women of color and queer women instead. More of that show, always more of that. Who is in?

2 comments:

Alexis G said...

I can't believe I just cried watching the trailer... Is it Jun 09 yet????

Carmen SanDiego said...

I may or may not have seen leaked episodes so I'll abstain from giving my opinion