Thursday, May 12, 2016

Gender Fuck Thursday: Lucy Liu Tie Edition

“Elementary” is one of those shows I watch but rarely write about. It’s probably because there’s little overtly gay about it. And also probably because it’s one of those reliably good shows that doesn’t inspire much ranting. Also, sometimes it’s nice to just have some things to yourself. And I do find it quite nice. I dare say – and I know this is sacrilege to some – that I prefer this version of Sherlock and Watson to the British version. A lot of that has to do with Lucy Liu. Her Watson is much more of an equal than merely a sidekick. And I like that. I like that a lot. I also like how Lucy has stepped up her neckwear game this season. What can I say, the woman wears a cravat well. Alas, now we must wait until next season to see what ties our dear Watson shows up in next.

Until then, a look back in wonder at Watson’s necktie style.

4 comments:

Louise said...

Personally, I like the straight-up (no pun intended) shirt-and-tie look--no frou-frou, no apologies, just a friggin' tie! Might have to watch this show now!

Carmen SanDiego said...

I stopped watching on season 2. Looks like I've been missing out
Lucy looks gorgeous whatever she's wearing but I do love a tie-wearing lady

Wanda J said...

I have to agree with you Louise, I love that 'straight-up' shirt-and-tie look; there is nothing quite so sexy in all the world as a woman who can pull off a dress shirt and tie without looking like she's playing dress-up in her daddy's closet.

Anonymous said...

Spooky just this week I thought - LL has the best wardrobe on TV right now.

Elementary is so much superior to Sherlock - I really don't see the fuss around it, I tried 2 ep's and gave up. It did dip in quality when Lucy was seemingly sidelined for Kitty but now her & Sherlock are back working in tandem it's excelling again.