Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Pride Goeth Before the Zombies

Right, so I’m more excited for this movie than I probably should be. Given the first big-screen adaptation of a Seth Grahame-Smith novel was pretty awful (yes, I’m honestly talking about you, “Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter”), I shouldn’t have such high hopes. But then I’d be lying if I didn’t say the first trailer made me feel almost giddy. Call it the “lots of kick-ass women banding together to kick ass”-effect, but I’m in. Also, I sort of can’t get enough zombie hooha. But don’t take my word for it. Experience the thrill for yourself.

Though if the trailer still wasn’t quite enough to push you over the edge into exuberant anticipation, did you notice who that one-eyed badass two-fisting the katanas was? Yep, that’s every lesbian’s favorite former florist. It is a truth universally acknowledged that Lena Headey makes everything better.

4 comments:

Helena said...

Luce forever !

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

The book was hysterical, so I have high hopes for the movie.

Carmen SanDiego said...

Damn I did not recognize Headey there. Ok, I'm in

Erin O'Riordan said...

I'm a leeeeeetle bit bummed that Natalie Portman won't be playing Elizabeth, but not that much. I'm still hella excite over this one.