Friday, November 27, 2009

My Weekend Crush

After a day of bounty like yesterday (seriously, my pants are still tight), it only seems fitting that I give thanks once more. I mean, I wouldn’t want to seem like ungrateful. So today I am thankful for the vastly, vastly – I really can’t say vastly enough – improved “Parks and Recreation.” Now, I’m not the only one saying this. Critics everywhere are singing the praises of the show’s superior second season. It’s first season, not so much. I’ve been thankful for Amy Poehler for a long time now. But “Parks & Rec” has given me a new appreciation of Rashida Jones. I’ve never been a devoted watcher of “The Office,” so I missed her stint on that show and her distinct charms. Well, not anymore.

Rashida comes across as many things you might not expect from the daughter of show business royalty (Quincy Jones and Peggy Lipton, in case you were wondering). Funny. Smart. Likable. Grounded. As Ann, she is the voice of reason and, more often than not, incredulity on the show. She makes the perfect straight man, well, gal to Amy’s zanily optimistic Leslie. It’s easy to get a laugh being silly, it’s much harder to get a laugh reacting to said silliness. But Rashida does it, week after week. And along the way she comes across as something even better: real. You feel like if you hung out with her for an evening it would be a night of good company and great laughs – kind of like watching “Parks and Recreation.” Happy weekend, all.

10 comments:

Norma Desmond said...

Yeah, the vast improvement in "Parks and Rec" has made me a VERY happy TV viewer.

Miz Moffatt said...

I've been re-watching The Office over the past few weeks and it just reminds me why Ms. Jones is such an understated hottie. Thanks so much for this post and I will definitely have to check out "Park and Recreation" now!

Roya said...

Did you ever see the videos she made with Natalie Portman about the economic depression and the election?

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/8174eb51ba/natalie-portman-rashida-jones-speak-out-again-from-natalie-portman-and-rashida-jones?rel=player

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/f88f8d6385/natalie-portman-rashida-jones-speak-out-from-natalie-portman-and-rashida-jones?rel=auto_related&rel_pos=1

DV8ByDesign said...

She has been on my radar since the TNT TV series "Wanted" a couple of years ago where she played a Detective! Karen Sillas also starred in the series (but I couldn't tell you what guys starred in the series! Oops! LOL) She seems very down to Earth and what great genes or jeans! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

-Kat- said...

NEED M O R E PICS OF RASHIDA JONES!!!

So glad that afterEllen had an article about "seven reasons you should watch Parks and Recreation" and simply made Rashida Jones as a reason. I was totally happy to oblige.

http://www.afterellen.com/blog/stuntdouble/seven-reasons-you-should-be-watching-parks-and-recreation

Anonymous said...

I first encountered her in a series for British TV named NYLON about a transatlantic romance between a New Yorker and Londoner (hence the title). The Londoner was the actor now playing Bill the vampire in TRUE BLOOD.

- scorpio54

Unknown said...

I just wanted to say:

http://i50.tinypic.com/15bqde.jpg

This post needed more Rashida.

H.K.Thomas said...

Rashida Jones is such a hottie! I just loved her in I Love You, Man

goodideabadidea said...

not to mention she was in Prop 8: The Muical

Anonymous said...

I think someone needs to mention that Leslie and Ann are practically a couple

Watch this:

http://loopyproductions.ning.com/video/parks-and-recreation-femslash