Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Freedom/Dignity, 2016

Can I just vote for her already and get this party started? So our gal Hillary has gone and (finally) made it official yesterday about her support of same-sex marriage. She made her first public endorsement of marriage equality and thinks we should all get on board the “freedom and dignity of every human being” train. So, kind of the exact opposite of what John Boehner said Sunday when he said “I can’t imagine” ever supporting same-sex marriage. Sure, it may have taken Hill a tad longer than we all would have liked. But she has long worked to help LGBT people and contended that “gay rights are human rights.” History will remember those who got there and those who never did. Seriously, can I send in my absentee ballot today? I’m ready. Let’s go, 2016.

6 comments:

Meg said...

I am SO GLAD. I keep thinking how Lawrence v. Texas was only ten years ago. We've come so far, and have further to go, but -- as Hillary says -- it's 'breathtaking.'

And I can't help but think of how she, in this video, reminds me of Cherry Jones as the President on 24.

Anonymous said...

Hillary Clinton 2016! Heck, even my mother (a staunch Republican, as opposed to myself) told me yesterday that if Hillary runs in 2016, that she'd vote for her. Wow! Hillary is already bringing the parties together. Here's hoping she runs!

Anonymous said...

When can I order my bumper sticker?

Also, on a completely unrelated note, Tina Fey will be on Inside the Actors Studio at 8pm EST on Bravo. But I'm sure you knew that already.

Mahlers5th said...

Really, Hillary - enough with being coy. Let's get it on!
You know the moment I'm looking forward to the most? Even more than the victory speech on Election Night? More than her inauguration? It's the moment when the Sergeant at Arms in Congress will loudly announce for the first time in American history, "Mister [or Madam] Speaker, the President of the United States!" and it'll be Hillary slowly makinh her way down the aisle, shaking hands, to a standing ovation. Dunno why that scene does it for me

Mahlers5th said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mahlers5th said...

In the category of "Yeah, so...?"

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/religion/christianity/american-family-association-revives-rumors-hillary-clinton-lesbian-audio