Monday, April 09, 2012

Total wankers

So, there’s this interesting thing that has happened to Lena Headey. You know Lena Headey. Dreamboat, adorable, charming, goofy, hottie Lena Headey. People – non-lesbian people one would assume – have started to be mean to her. Yes, it’s true. Thanks to her sinister role as Queen Cersei Lannister on “Game of Thrones,” people who did not know her already don’t particularly like her. It’s called character transference. And in Lena’s case, it’s kind of hilarious. Because those who knew her before GoT cold not possibly be more in love with her. Of course, that’s a bit of character transference, too. I mean, who among us doesn’t look at Lena and see Luce coming toward them with an enormous bouquet of lilies daring them to love her? But we’ve also known her longer and seen her on other things and seen her in interviews and know that she is in no way an evil, scheming, power-hungry, brother-fucking bitch. It’s called acting, straight world. And Lena is damn good at it. Still, it’s pretty hilarious to hear Lena talk about how fans hate her now. Take a listen to her on Jimmy Kimmel and to Rolling Stone.



Oh, Lena. While the rest of the world may be cruel and unforgiving, don’t worry – you will always be embraced with open arms by the lesbians. So next you’re at a convention and all the GoT fans are being No. 9 worthy wankers to you, look past them and she the throng of fangirls squealing at the sight of you. Those are the lesbians. And we love you forever rand ever.

p.s. Hey, did you know Lena is on Twitter? Yeah. You know what to do, lesbians.

14 comments:

Heather said...

ugh, non-lesbians... such bitches

Rachelle said...

Lol I had no idea of these current events...fans can be really fucked up! At least there's always a positive side to it, I guess...
(Also, I had no idea she had a baby or maybe I forgot about it).
;)

Florence said...

I didn't think I could love Lena more but that video of her on Jimmy Kimmel proved me wrong. She is so lovely, funny, hot (those tattoos) and has the HOTTEST accent (well besides Emily Blunt imo). And yes she'll be loved by lesbians forever. We're faithful like that.
Although I have to say her blond hair on Game of Thrones are not working for me. But she's still great.

Rosa said...

I LOVE HER. AND NOT ONLY BECAUSE IM QUEER I SWEARRRRRRR

Seriously. People who don't love her don't have heartbeats. And/or are sexist douchebags. >:P

egghead said...

She's lovely and I loved her in the flower shop? Imagine Me and You, I do? That Turtles song.

And I can't watch the thrones show. Really. I've tried because of Heady. I just can't. I get visceral when I see hetero sex suddenly flung on screen without warnings. So I have no idea why these chicks hate her.

Katie said...

I have never understood this transference thing you speak of. I didn't realize it had a name other than "out of touch with reality". Lena is awesome, and her character on GoT is awful, but interesting to watch. Personally I think it shows how talented she is that she can play such a terrible character and still make her watchable :)

Anonymous said...

Best part of that Rolling Stone video is Emilia Clarke's resemblance to Piper Perabo. I was just imagining Luce and Rachel laying on top of one another wearing furry vests.

Jody said...

For those, like me, who just need a little more Lena, here's the rest of the Jimmy Kimmel interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIUb48Dx7Sc&feature=channel

Kim said...

Lena is AWESOME!!! Period!!! The people who hate her are sad. But some people need hate like other people need religion. You take it away from them and they're lost. Check out this fan made caption on lenafanpage.blogspot.com. It says it all...
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hHh3uT5zVt8/T4CqjObzXtI/AAAAAAAAAy8/37bGNat6gMM/s1600/LenaHeadey%2528JimmyKimmel%2529_cap2.jpg

Anonymous said...

inconceivable! straight people are so weird.

Anonymous said...

uhm, when is that Rolling Stone out? Or is it out already? Lena + Emilia = we all win.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone else think that Emilia looks a little like Piper?

Anonymous said...

If you mean the girl in Game of thrones, that is excactly what I was thinking when I first saw her.

Anonymous said...

I have heard of this phenomenon, but have never believed it. How can anyone confuse an actor for a part they are playing? that is insane. Lena is the reason I started watching Game of thrones, and I had such a crush on her after seeing imagine me & you. She also kicked ass in sara connor chronicles a show I didn't think I would enjoy, but ended up loving.