Saturday, October 20, 2007

My Weekend Crush

For some reason, it’s hard for me to pinpoint exactly what draws me to Lena Headey. Certainly she is a stunner, but in a more serene way than most beautiful women. And the accent, well, the accent always gets the knees wobbling. Then there is her every-so-slightly lopsided smirk. But in the end, I think it’s because she seems always to be thinking. It’s the eyebrows and a lifetime spent perfecting the sexy scowl. She looks like she is sizing up the situation and trying to dissect what makes the person across from her tick. I like it. I like it a lot.

Many of you may have fallen for Lena as Luce, the hottest florist in the history of pretty much ever. But me, I was a goner 10 years ago when, as Sally, she waltzed into Clarissa’s heart forever in “Mrs. Dalloway.” Dear God, that simple kiss. I watched that movie the second time just for that kiss. Of course, now I can’t wait to see her kick some serious robot ass in “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.” Lena, that scowl and a shotgun? OK, now I’ve pinpointed exactly what draws me to Lena Headey. Happy weekend, all.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm, Lena Headey. Good choice. I first became smitten with her when I saw her in a wonderful TV series here in the UK called "Band of Gold". She played a lesbian character who made her living as a dominatrix. What is it about her that makes her so alluring? As well as the qualities you already listed, there's also that sexy swagger of hers and the fact that she always looks great in a tank-top. I can't wait to see her playing Sarah Connor.

Unknown said...

Absolutely yummie for all the reasons you stated. And then some.
I missed "Band of Gold" but found a clip on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIJz0efR5CA (unfortunately, Lena wasn't inked then, or so it seems.)
Lena also played gay in "Possession" (starring Gwyneth Palthrow).

Anonymous said...

that woman is a dream.

Unknown said...

weekend crush?interesting title...i love lena since Imagine You and Me..i guess that is where most ppl fall in love with her character Luce..as for me,i fell madly in love with lena in there..
and yes,i have to agree with you on that accent she have..just perfect and her eyes,always so mesmerizing and as if she is looking so deep into you..

Unknown said...

somebody.....paramedics.....heart......stopped.....can't....breathe......lost.....cognitive.....function....mmmmmmmm

MC said...

Dorothy, I believe you pinpointed her exact qualities in that first paragraph.
She just exudes a certain something that's quite difficult to explain really, because she's hot, but not in a "how you doin'?" way.
Anyway, you did a wonderful job explaining the unexplainable. Quite perfect, I might add.

Anonymous said...

sigh

Anonymous said...

she is absolutely gorgeous - man...wow

Anonymous said...

LENA is simply Drop Dead Gorgeous!

http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sconnor2jf5.jpg

Anonymous said...

I left a comment yesterday but I come here today and it's not posted (sobbing bitterly). The comment (if my memory serves me correctly) ran somewhere along the lines of....

My posts will soon be one-worded such as "exactly", "agreed", "word", "thud", etc since you always seem to already echo my sentiments (as well as many others - as is proven by their comments) whenever you blog.

Rock On!!

Slym