Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Lesbian undertones or just bi-curious boots?

Those boots are definitely bi-curious.The first pictures of Keira Knightley and Sienna Miller together on the set of their new film “The Best Time of Our Lives” popped up this week. For those keeping score at home, this is the movie that Lindsay Lohan was once attached to and claimed had a “a lesbian undertone.

“[Keira] is older than me, but she kind of has a mysterious relationship with my lover. And then there’s somewhat of a lesbian undertone.”

Yes, God help me for believing and/or repeating anything Lindsay Lohan says. Apparently all my better instincts just committed suicide. What we do know for sure is that the film centers around the relationship between famed poet Dylan Thomas (Matthew Rhys) and the two women he loves: his wife (Sienna, who replaced Lindsay after she dropped out) and his childhood friend (Keira). If the lesbian undertones are indeed true, it sounds a bit like “Henry & June,” but with different writers and without Uma Thurman.

I’m not sure how I feel about a Keira-Sienna coupling. Sienna doesn’t do much for me and her fashion sense does even less. But it’s still worlds better than any Keira-Lindsay canoodling. The mere thought is almost enough to turn a girl straight.

UPDATE: More shots of Keira and Sienna frolicking at the shore. Of course, since I’m questioning my “stores about lesbian and their life, feeling and so on,” I will scour over these images as research so that I don’t “know little to lesbian.” Ahem.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your article let me surprised,you know little to lesbian,there are many stores about lesbian and their life ,feeling and so on on
http://www.ldate.com/blogs/blogs
may you get help here!

Metasin Girl said...

Ugh. Sienna Miller? I thought her claim-to-fame was getting dumped by Jude Law? The thought of her anywhere near Keira’s lips sends me into apoplectic spasms.

And yes, Dorothy - as Anonymous says, you obviously know little about lesbians and our lives/feelings. Maybe if you started a blog devoted strictly to lesbian culture/entertainment, that would help.

Anonymous said...

Dorothy, I really really love your blog. I have to say Kiera looks bad in the photo - too too too damn skinny and her denials of an eating disorder do not convince, I like her acting but am worried for her health.

R said...

I've just got to stop reading blog Post-a-Comment "comments". It's not only annoying, it is making me really dumb - the osmosis effect, I guess.

arlan said...

thanks for the info. im soooo glad lindsay lohan is no longer attached to this film. or i would have been attached to a bucket under my seat at the theater watching.

would have still gone to see it, mind you, cause...keira knightley kissing anything without a penis is good times to me. but yeah..as you say "world's better."