Tuesday, June 04, 2024

When in Ireland

Since it’s Pride Month and that means we all have to watch only LGBTQ+ inclusive shows while riding unicorns across a rainbow (check the bylaws, I’m pretty sure that’s right), I thought I might try “Bodkin.” Now, on its surface and from its trailer there is no discernable queer content. Just Will Forte playing a podcaster who comes to a small Irish town to investigate a cold case about three missing people. But there’s also Dublin journalist played by Siobhán Cullen, who also happens to be a lesbian. The show debuted on Netflix last month, so tell me European friends, is it a worthy Pride Month watch? Feels a little like they’re going for a sorta true crime Ted Lasso about podcasters vibe, but I could be off on that. Or should I just rewatch “Deadloch” again instead?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Spain here.
Haven't seen this one yet, I will check it out though I really feel like watching queer lead roles, enough of lesbian supporting characters, i need us to take over TV! 😆🤌

Anonymous said...

We need season 2 of Deadloch