Thursday, December 16, 2021

Boom Goes the Sam-o-nite

Here I go saying I don’t really follow sportsball and I go write about sportsball two days in a row. I contain multitudes, or something. But I’d be remiss if I didn’t give you all the end of the week boost you needed in the form of soccer star Sam Kerr absolutely decking a dumbass who ran onto the pitch. Like you can see her track, drop the shoulder and BOOM.

Like, you can practically hear the “splat” sound he made as she flattened him.

I particularly loved all the people screaming “Wanker!” at the pitch invader. If only he’d also been wearing a No. 9 jersey. As awesome as it was to see Sam (a.k.a. notable on field gal pal of Kristie Mewis) bring the hurt on an idiot who deserved it, it’s frustrating to know that a) she got a yellow card for her troubles, and b) the pitch invader wasn’t even arrested because it’s only a crime in UK law to crash a MALE professional soccer match. Cool, cool, cool.

Who else feels like body checking the world right now? Yeah, thought so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wanker for sure. Pretty sure I heard the t-word and the c-word!