Thursday, December 05, 2019

Gender Fuck Thursday: The Doctor Edition

Well, now, the Doctor definitely has my attention. The new season of “Doctor Who” returns New Year’s Day and I can’t wait. And not just because the Thirteenth Doctor is back sporting a tuxedo (with, I think, culottes?) Never the less, Jodie Whittaker has been a true delight. And the multiple companions actually kinda worked. Also, did I mention there’s a tuxedo?



Right, sorry, more reasons to cheer for the new season, it has added three new female writers and two new female directors. For what it’s worth previous Who showrunner Russell T Davies only had three women write/direct during his entire five-year run on the series. So, like I was saying, more reasons to be happy in 2020. Well, that, and we get to ride in The Doctor’s box which *eyebrow wiggle* What? Sorry, it was right there and she did put on a tuxedo so clearly I had no choice.



2 comments:

Helena said...

I've always thought Jodie Whittaker's is a great actress. Loves her as The Doctor and this is perfect start to 2020.

Carmen SanDiego said...

Nice tux