Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Telling Tales

Nostalgia for beautiful things is natural. I was never a huge “Tales of the City” fan. It was a bit before my time and it always felt kind of sudsy to me. But there’s something sort of sleepily sweet about the nostalgia the new “Tales of the City” series is peddling. While I’m not necessarily personally invested in these characters, I welcome new LGBTQ stories. I welcome the beautiful diversity of our community and embrace all of our magnificent differences. More, better stories always. Now, isn’t that beautiful?

p.s. Also Ellen Page kissing the girl who talked really fast from “Girls” is pretty OK, too.

2 comments:

Helena said...

Tales of the City was what I grew up on and how I dreamed of that magical city in America, can't wait to see this. If I ever visit the US first stop will be Barbary Lane :)

Karen said...

Do we really need a revival of this already told series ? Pass.