Friday, April 19, 2019

My Weekend Trailer

Well now, this seems fun. I am weathering a female friendship TV show drought right now. “Broad City” just ended. “Girls” and “Sex and the City” and “Rizzoli & Isles” are long gone. “Laverne & Shirley,” “Kate & Allie,” and “Ab Fab” are even longer gone. (Yes, I realize I probably should jump into “Grace & Frankie,” but I just haven’t had the time.) And I gave “2 Broke Girls” a fair and honest try, I really did. So now I pin my hopes on the animated “Tuca & Bertie.” It’s from one of the female minds behind “BoJack Horseman” (which I also didn’t watch) and stars Tiffany Haddish and Ali Wong as the voice talent and eponymous Tuca and Bertie, respectively. I’ve been getting into animated shows more (have you checked out Netflix’s animated short series “Love, Death & Robots” because it’s worth it for the trippy visuals alone.) So I am looking forward to what aviary feminist shenanigans/patriarchy smashing rage blackouts these two can get themselves into. Happy weekend, all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On that note, have you heard about "Gentleman Jack"?

https://youtu.be/Gce44fIgV3g